Did you know that the average woman smiles 68 times per day? Meanwhile, the average man smiles 8 times a day. Your smile is the first thing a person notices about you. As most people like to say, “you don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression”. Have you ever wondered “what do people think about my teeth”, or “man I wish I could make my teeth whiter, straighter, etc?” Taking care of your teeth not only makes your oral health better but also helps other parts of your body!
Did you know that your mouth is full of bacteria? Don’t fret! Most of the bacteria in your mouth are good bacteria. But your mouth is the entry point to your digestive and respiratory tracts, and some of these bacteria can cause disease. This is a prime example of why oral health is so important! The question is, do you know how to keep your oral health in check?
Dr Gross’ tips to keep your oral health in check:
- Brush and floss twice a day
- Limit your intake of sugar filled drinks and candy
- Avoid tobacco use, not only is it bad for your overall health, it also stains your teeth!
- Get a new toothbrush every 3 to 4 months
- Keep your regularly scheduled 6 month dental checkups!
When in doubt, call the dentist! Your dental team is here to help, and answer any questions you may have!
Thanks for tuning in for Dr. Gross’ interesting facts!